There are lots of good, sensible reasons for moving to Mexico, but it takes consideration, research, and a plan to make your move a success.
When you’re seeking a change of lifestyle in earnest, and you’re prepared to invest in the decision, you’ll find a wealth of knowledge here on Mexperience to help you consider your choices.
Research and plan your move to Mexico
Stories of foreign residents who have moved to Mexico successfully are most often characterized by people who made an effort to research and make considered choices.
For those willing to make a plan and see-through the ‘sales pitch’ promises of pipe-dream lifestyles abroad, the benefits of meaningful residency in Mexico are real and tangible. Mexperience living and lifestyle guides and articles show you how.
Mexico lifestyle planning
Mexperience can help when you’re exploring prospects for living and working or retirement in Mexico. Our extensive resources help you discover practical insights, incisive local knowledge, and meaningful guidance that helps you to consider opportunities, weigh up your choices, and make informed decisions. Start by reading these key articles:
- Motivations for moving to and living in Mexico
- Approaches to choosing or changing your lifestyle
- Living costs in Mexico
- The journey to finding your place in Mexico
When you plan to retire in Mexico
Mexico continues to be one of the most popular countries in the world for American and Canadian retirees, and there is an increase in people from other parts of the world considering Mexico fore retirement too. We publish comprehensive information to help you plan a retirement here, including:
- How to know if Mexico is right for your retirement
- Key benefits Mexico offers retirees
- Approaches for retirement lifestyles in Mexico
- How much money you need to retire in Mexico
- Regularly updated articles about retirement in Mexico
When you plan to work in Mexico
Working-age professionals, especially those plying a trade in the knowledge economy, are also considering Mexico as a base to live and work.
- Read our extensive guide to Working & Self-employment in Mexico
- Browse regularly updated articles about working lifestyles in Mexico
Mexico visas and residency permits
Mexico’s immigration laws are reasonable and allow non-Mexicans with the financial means or family roots, and/or skills, to live here legally. We publish extensive knowledge to help you, including:
- A detailed summary about how to apply for residency in Mexico.
- Learn about routes to obtaining legal residency in Mexico
- Regularly updated articles and insights about obtaining and maintaining your residency status in Mexico.
Mexico Immigration Assistance
When you need assistance with your Mexico residency application, renewals, or regularization procedures, our Mexico Immigration Assistance Service provides consulting, advice, and practical help that helps you through the entire residency application or renewal process, including regularization procedures.
Finding a place to live in Mexico
When you move here, you’ll need somewhere to live. Whether you plan to rent or buy a home here, Mexperience offers a wealth of helpful insights and practical local knowledge.
Our extensive articles help you to consider key aspects as you explore your options and make choices about your lifestyle and potential location types in Mexico. Key articles to read about this include:
- Influencing factors as you search for a place to live in Mexico
- Matching your location with your lifestyle needs
- The charms & compromises of living in the Mexican countryside
- Discover places for living, working or retirement in Mexico
The practicalities of living in Mexico
Our articles and guides also include comprehensive insights about day to day living in Mexico, including:
- Renting, buying, owning and selling a home in Mexico
- Driving and bringing foreign plated cars to Mexico
- Moving your personal goods to Mexico
- Living with pets in Mexico
- Learning or improving your Spanish
- Managing your health and well-being
- Getting essential insurance coverages
- Browse updated articles in our Mexico Home Life section for tips and insights about day-to-day living here.
Managing your finances and living costs
Financial considerations are an important aspect of any move.
- We don’t recommend you plan a lifestyle here solely based on living costs, but they are a key factor to consider and our guide to the cost of living in Mexico will help you to map-out a detailed budget based on your individual life situation.
- Learn about Mexico’s currency.
- Browse our regularly-updated articles about money, banking and finances in Mexico to get practical insights into managing your money when you’re here.
Mexico is an ideal place to spend your leisure time
When you’re living here, you’ll enjoy direct access to the enormous choice of leisure opportunities Mexico offers.
- Our guides and articles about travel experiences in Mexico provide inspiration and advice for spending your leisure time.
- Our travel partners can help you arrange custom travel tours, with itineraries created by people who know Mexico intimately.
Mexico Assistance Services bridge the gap
To help you take the next steps and bridge the gap between your planning and making those plans happen, we also offer a selection of Mexico Assistance Services that connect you to service providers and local professionals that can facilitate your endeavors and help you to realize your plans.
Resources for Living & Lifestyle in Mexico
Mexperience offers you a comprehensive online resource of information and local knowledge to help you discover Mexico, explore choices, find opportunities and plan a new life in Mexico. Our resources include:
- Regularly-updated articles about lifestyle planning in Mexico
- Insights about day to day living with Mexico Home Life
- A regular Mexico Newsletter you can subscribe to for free
Mexico in your inbox
Our free newsletter about Mexico brings you a monthly round-up of recently published stories and opportunities, as well as gems from our archives.