The 2023 annual Internations survey of ‘best places to live in the world’ named Mexico at the top of its list again. Mexico has continuously ranked the survey’s top 5 destinations to live since 2014.
The annual survey is a barometer of current perceptions as expressed by Internations’ members who are primarily foreign expats situated across the world, including those in Mexico.
Measure twice, cut once
These surveys help to raise awareness about certain places and offer some helpful snapshots concerning the current mood among those seeking or living lifestyles abroad, and the criteria measured for selecting the best destinations —quality of life, ease of settlement, and cost of living, etc. —are valid and universal attractions of living anywhere.
Moving overseas is a significant commitment of yours and your family’s time, resources, energy, and emotions, and your reasons for moving to any place abroad ought to be considered with careful deliberations founded on your core lifestyle intentions.
Consider what you’re seeking from a lifestyle in Mexico
Mexico offers genuine substance and value to foreign residents, and to figure out what you’re seeking from a new lifestyle here, it’s helpful to define your intentions and consider whether Mexico is right for you—and your partner and family, if relevant.
To achieve this, you need to step back from the idealistic portrayals often espoused by those ‘living the dream’ narratives so often seen published and:
- take a mindful pause and define your lifestyle intentions;
- consider what matters are important to you and those close to you;
- overlay those things with what Mexico offers for living and lifestyle; and
- consider how you’ll navigate the compromises you’ll inevitably have to make when you come and live here.
Lifestyle planning requires focus and support
You can never plan for every potential outcome, but having a clear idea about your core intentions will give you an anchor that you can return to through the inevitable periods of uncertainty and doubt that will arise as you move and settle-in to a new and different life situation in Mexico.
The matter of considering and defining your lifestyle intentions, and how Mexico does or does not fit well with those, is an important and substantial subject that is covered in-depth in our detailed articles about living and retirement in Mexico—see links below to get started.
A wealth of local knowledge, resources, and connections
When you’re exploring the possibilities that Mexico offers, Mexperience provides a comprehensive online resource that enables you to discover opportunities and temper the unbridled enthusiasm that’s sometimes painted by idealistic notions of living abroad.
The information we publish and share helps you to make considered choices, formulate a plan, and shows how you can realize that plan through constructive and sustainable changes in lifestyle.
Begin exploring your choices for a new and different life in Mexico:
- Key factors to consider as you plan your lifestyle in Mexico
- Latest articles and insights about Mexico lifestyle planning
- Key resources for planning a new lifestyle in Mexico
- Exploring potential locations to live in Mexico
- Learn about acquiring legal residency in Mexico
- Our Home Life section shares detailed practical insights about day-to-day living matters in Mexico
Our associates provide helpful assistance services which provide key support for your Mexico lifestyle plans. These include:
- Immigration assistance when you need help with your with your residency permits.
- Insurance services – mitigate the effects of unforeseen events with coverages for your vehicle, home, health and travel.
- Professional services – when you need counsel or advice about property, commercial or legal matters in Mexico.
- Real estate assistance – when you need help finding a property in Mexico.
- Spanish language study – obtain help when you want to learn or improve your Spanish.
- Leisure time – with Mexico on your doorstep, our travel associates can help you see more of it with carefully crafted custom tours that help you to make the most of your leisure time.
Mexico in your inbox
Our free newsletter about Mexico brings you a monthly round-up of recently published stories and opportunities, as well as gems from our archives.