There are lots of good, sensible reasons for moving to Mexico, but it takes consideration, research, and a plan to turn your lifestyle intentions into reality.
Mexico lifestyle consultant, Greg Custer, helps you to make informed choices and form a coherent plan for your intended lifestyle in Mexico.
Save time and gain valuable lifestyle insights
This lifestyle consultancy service is carefully structured to assist in your lifestyle deliberations and planning. The full consultation will:
- help you to consider choices and the groundwork needed to plan for living, working, or retirement in Mexico;
- save you valuable time by focusing on matters related to your specific circumstances;
- give you unique insights into the options and choices available for different lifestyles in Mexico based on your aims and intentions;
- help you to learn about the practicalities of moving and adapting to a new lifestyle and culture; and
- the consultation may also help you to avoid making material mistakes commonly made by those seeking a lifestyle abroad.
Free 15-minute discovery consultation
Greg offers a free 15-minute consultation with you so that you can meet and get to know each other, briefly discuss your situation, and determine if the service and his experience is right for your needs.
During your free 15-minute discovery consultation you can:
- Meet Greg and learn about his background and experience.
- Share a brief summary about your situation.
- Determine if this consulting service is right for your needs.
- Optionally schedule a date for a full consultation.
Full consultation and written brief
Detailed questions you want to ask and concerns you want to address will be discussed during the full consultation. The lifestyle consultation package is offered for a fixed fee of US$249 and you can book and pay for a full consultation directly with the consultant.
Benefits of a full consultation
The full consultation will identify important aspects about your situation, address potential issues, and answer specific questions or concerns you have regarding a move to Mexico.
During the full consultation, our associate will:
- Help you to identify your priorities and define your aims and intentions.
- Consider realistic and viable options, based on your life stage, lifestyle choices, and intentions.
- Help you to consider whether Mexico is a good fit for you alone, or with your partner and family as relevant.
- Address any specific questions or concerns you have about moving to Mexico to live, work, or retire.
- Help you to compile a shortlist of potential locations that may suit your lifestyle needs if you’re not yet sure about where in Mexico you want to live.
- Help you to consider the groundwork needed to plan the move and adapt to a new lifestyle abroad.
- Share helpful local knowledge and valuable advice based on practical real-life experience of having moved to, settled, and adapted to Mexico.
After the consultation, our associate will compose a written summary briefing and send this to you by email. The brief will summarize your consultation, and contain curated references based on your individual situation for further research and planning.
About Greg Custer
Greg Custer was born and raised in California. He spent 25 years based in Oregon where he raised his family of three children and from where he led a thriving Mexico tourism consultancy business.
Greg Custer – Summary
From: Originally from California, he lived and raised his family in Oregon.
Where in Mexico: Greg lives in Ajijic, on the shores of Lake Chapala, one of the most popular and highly sought after expat enclaves in Mexico, and also travels extensively across Mexico.
Languages: Speaks English and Spanish fluently
Mexico experience: He’s been connected to Mexico for over 40 years through his tourism consultancy work, has traveled Mexico extensively, and lives in Mexico full time since 2015.
Consulting experience: Greg consults with single people, couples, and families with children to help them consider their choices about living and lifestyles in Mexico. He is especially familiar with the Lake Chapala region, the Yucatan and Riviera Maya, the central highlands, and Mexico’s principal expat communities.
In 2015 he and his wife migrated to Lake Chapala with his mom, who lived in assisted living lakeside, and he is now a permanent resident. Greg’s an integral part of the highland lakeside community in Chapala, Jalisco; surrounded by volcanic mountains, facing Mexico’s largest freshwater lake. His expertise includes:
- Greg’s focus over the past 40 years has been educating travel agents around the world about Mexico, working on behalf of Mexico’s Tourism Ministry from 1992-2018.
- He’s based in Ajijic, on Lake Chapala —Mexico’s largest long-established community of foreign expats— where he actively helps potential foreign residents to consider their options, and existing residents to settle-in to their new lifestyles here.
- His detailed knowledge about the country and its culture provides unique insights to people seeking Mexico lifestyle options and opportunities.
- Greg holds a BA and Master degree in Latin American Studies from UCLA.
Greg is also founder of Choosing Mexico, helping people to connect with a Mexican pueblo, urban, or resort lifestyle. He has a valuable depth of knowledge and experience about moving to and living in Mexico, including having visited and written about all of Mexico’s 32 states.
Fixed fee lifestyle consultation
The lifestyle consultation package is offered for a fixed fee of US$249.
The full consultation call typically lasts for about an hour, and the package includes a post-consultation written summary brief for your review and further reference.
- The consultation begins with an in-depth conversation by telephone or video conference that typically lasts about an hour.
- After the consultation, Greg will compose a written summary briefing and send this to you by email.
- The brief will summarize your consultation, and contain curated references based on your individual situation for further research and planning.
- Optional follow-up consultations may be booked directly with Greg, billed on an hourly basis.
Greg Custer offers a free 15-minute discovery consultation with you by telephone or video conference so that you can meet and get to know each other, briefly discuss your situation, and determine if the service and her experience is right for your needs.
If you decide to hire Greg and proceed with a full consultation, he will send you a payment request for a fixed-fee lifestyle consultation package.
Additional consultation time
If you would like a follow-up consultation after purchasing the fixed fee package, Greg also offers consultancy on an hourly basis at US$99 per hour (one hour minimum). Any time over one hour is billed precisely as used.
Make a service request
To make a service request, please complete the request form below.
Our lifestyle consulting associate will contact you personally to organize your consultation.