Practical insights to help you keep your Mexican home well-maintained and secure
How to maintain, manage, and secure your home in Mexico
When you have moved to Mexico and taken possession of your home, whether you own your property in Mexico or are just renting it, there will be certain matters to organize and deal with on a regular basis to keep your house properly maintained and secured when you are home and away.
With some local insights and forward planning, maintaining and securing your home in Mexico ought not to pose any major headaches or inconveniences.
Our guides to home maintenance and home security share tips and practical knowledge to help you secure your dwelling spaces and prevent your Mexican home from falling into disrepair.
Practical advice combined with local knowledge to help you manage your home in Mexico
Our guides are an integral part of our homestead management series and topics related to house maintenance and home security include:
- Moving house: to, from and within Mexico
- How to hire domestic helpers for your home
- How water is supplied to homes in Mexico
- Managing the water supply at your house
- Drinking water in Mexico
- Water pressure at residential properties in Mexico
- Learning about waste water systems at your property
- Keeping your home warm in the cooler or cold months
- Dealing with household waste disposal and recycling
- Managing the electricity supply at your house
- Learn about gas supplies and gas-fired appliances
- Keeping in touch at home using phone and internet
- Tips for securing your Mexican home and property
- Keeping unattended properties safe
- Insurance coverages for your home in Mexico
More resources for Living & Lifestyle in Mexico
Mexperience offers you a comprehensive online resource of information and local knowledge to help you discover Mexico, explore choices, find opportunities and plan a new life in Mexico. Our resources include:
- A regular Mexico Newsletter you can subscribe to for free
- Regularly-updated articles about lifestyle planning in Mexico
- Insights about day to day living with Mexico Home Life
Mexico in your inbox
Our free newsletter about Mexico brings you a monthly round-up of recently published stories and opportunities, as well as gems from our archives.