Attend this 6-day program to learn about the prospects and opportunities offered by a new lifestyle lived and enjoyed on the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico’s largest lake, situated in the mountains about an hour’s drive from Guadalajara and a six-hour drive northwest of Mexico City.
Invaluable 6-day program that shares essential insights into lifestyles around Lake Chapala
The program is organized and run by Focus on Mexico who, for two decades, has offered structured learning programs, seminars, and guidance for people who are seriously considering a move to Lake Chapala in Mexico, and want to get detailed insights about the prospects, opportunities, as well as the realities of living here.
Program dates for the events in 2023
The next program will be held at the Lake Chapala Society in Ajijic between Feb 26 and Mar 3, 2023.
The 6-day program offers a fully guided, hands-on experience that will give you a detailed insights into “life at Lakeside” to help you determine if this area is right for your life situation, whether you’re single, a couple, or a family thinking about a move here.
The program is carefully designed and customized for people thinking about moving or retiring to the Lake Chapala area, and the program material also provides essential knowledge as you make your transition, regardless of where in Mexico you eventually decide to live.
Current information that’s relevant and concise
The 6-day program is carefully structured into logical steps, organized into three key stages:
- local knowledge and insights that help you to assess the area and lifestyle and decide whether Lake Chapala and environs is right for you;
- learning about the choices and practicalities of creating a new lifestyle in Mexico; and
- practical advice about the move itself, sharing essential things you need to know as you physically move to Mexico and settle-in here.
What’s included in the program?
The next 6-day program will take place at the Lake Chapala Society, in Ajijic between Feb 26 to March 3, 2023.
Lake Chapala is one of the easiest places to get to in Mexico, via Guadalajara’s international airport, situated about 40 minutes’ drive from the lakeside towns. Many participants choose to arrive earlier and/or stay on longer to explore the area on their own.
Your program begins with a Welcome Cocktail evening reception (including snacks and drinks) and registration at the Lake Chapala Society restaurant—a delightful and fresh open-air dining and meeting venue surrounded by lush vegetation. It’s an ideal opportunity to meet your program leaders and fellow participants amidst a relaxed and social atmosphere.
Comprehensive resource materials are provided, including a Workbook, Topic Handouts, and ‘Moving your Stuff’ to Mexico Instruction Book.
First-hand knowledge presentations by local experts: The week will be filled with interesting talks and seminars given by experts in their fields. Contact information for Expert Speakers will be provided, along with a growing list of recommended local providers, whose talks will give you insights into:
- health care, hospitals/doctors/health insurance options in the area;
- living lakeside lifestyles, safety/crime, legal;
- cost of living, U.S. taxes, Canadian non-residency, currency exchange;
- Mexican economy, investing in Mexico, immigration visas, doing business in Mexico;
- moving to Mexico, bringing pets;
- real estate, home financing, title insurance, renting or buying;
- keeping foreign plated vehicles, buying a car locally… and more.
Next steps and FAQs including a special session that helps you to determine “what do I do next?”, the creation of an Action Plan, and “how to” guides for when you are ready to make the move.
An invaluable personal experience
This 6-day program is an ideal opportunity to meet and talk to like-minded people, get first-hand insights about living and lifestyles in and around Lake Chapala, and gain valuable insights that can help you to make considered choices about a move to Mexico. The program is carefully structured to help you get the most from this type of gathering, including:
- coffee breaks, and private time for individual viewings and/or appointments;
- two Area and Housing Tour excursions; two lunches and two dinners are included in the program price with these excursions. (Additional optional outings available a-la-carte on advance request);
- activities info sheet including recommended restaurants and entertainment venue options;
- optional Focus ‘a-la-carte’ services for more detailed information on specific areas of interest, for example, getting a Mexican driver’s license, applying for the senior citizen discount card;
- access to a private Facebook Group of ‘Focus Alumni’ and the Focus Team to capture memories, continue the conversation, share photos, experiences, and advice.
Your week’s program at Lake Chapala will be rounded-off with a farewell Mexican Fiesta party at the home of a Focus alumnus, including evening dinner and drinks.
This carefully designed and comprehensively structured program is offered for US$790 per person, or US$1,380 for a couple.
A US$100 deposit will be taken in advance to secure your place on the program, with the balance due about a month before the program start date.
A list of recommended accommodations will be sent to participants that offer comfortable lodgings within walking distance of the Lake Chapala Society.
Optional “Focus ‘a-la-carte’ services” are quoted and paid for separately, in addition to the program fee.
Request further information and booking
Complete the request form below and the organizers of this program will contact you with further details, including information about how to reserve your place(s).