We publish extensive, up-to-date, information about applying for legal residency in Mexico, including a free eBook: Mexico Immigration Guide
When you apply for residency in Mexico, you’ll need to decide what application route (approach) is best for your individual circumstances, file the application —usually at a consulate outside of Mexico— and then undertake additional procedures to exchange the sticker in your passport for a residency card.
The Mexico Immigration Assistance Service provided by our associates offers one-to-one advice and practical assistance by telephone, chat, and email that will save you time, and guide you correctly through the procedures—from discussing the best approach for your application and practical support through the application process itself.
How the Immigration Assistance Service works
Typically, the service begins with an initial telephone call to discuss your situation, your plans and goals, and explore the various application routes available to you based on your individual circumstances.
When the approach has been determined, the service provides practical support throughout the application. Our associates will begin the application procedures for you, that involve completing some forms, writing a letter, and scheduling an appointment at a Mexican Consulate abroad. You’ll also be given a list of all the documentation you need to gather in order to support your application, and the interview.
When you arrive in Mexico, you will need to exchange your visa stickers for residency cards. The service continues to support you through this, by completing (more) forms, writing the necessary letters (in Spanish), and providing you with a checklist of documents you need to complete this second stage. The service also provides trouble-shooting help throughout the process.
The service thus helps you to structure your application approach based on your circumstances, and provides practical support as you personally make your way through the application procedures to acquire your legal residency in Mexico.
Immigration Assistance Package is valid for full calendar a year
You don’t have to use your package hours all at once.
The 3-hour consulting package usually begins with a 45-60 minute initial telephone call, and afterwards our associate keeps detailed track of the time spent in subsequent emails, chats, and calls.
The 3 hours can be spread over the course of a year from the date of your purchase, so the service will flex with your plans.
Key benefits offered
- Consultation and advice regarding which resident visa best suits your plans and situation
- Practical assistance with the application procedure, including a detailed list of the documents you need, assistance completing application forms and preparation of required accompanying letters written in Spanish—all customized to your individual needs and situation
- The service provides practical support as you make your way through the application procedure at a Mexican Consulate abroad and/or the local immigration office in Mexico
- Help and assistance can also be offered in the renewal of your existing resident card
- Assistance and advice if you need to ‘regularize’ your immigration status, for example if your resident card expired, or was lost or stolen
- Trouble-shooting and problem-solving
Get practical assistance with your residency application
We have helped thousands of people plan and realize their Mexico residency application. The Mexico Immigration Assistance Service saves time and potential inconvenience by helping you to prepare a strong application based on your situation, and mitigating the chances of having your forms, letters and other paperwork being rejected during the application procedures.
Mexico in your inbox
Our free newsletter about Mexico brings you a monthly round-up of recently published stories and opportunities, as well as gems from our archives.