An opportunity has opened to buy a charming country home situated in Tepoztlán, a highland mountain town less than one hour by road to the southern entrance to Mexico City.
The house is situated a 10-minute drive from the center of the Tepoztlán and affords the advantages of a countryside lifestyle with the convenience of nearby local amenities.
Enjoy a charming home in the Mexican countryside
The house was built in 2000. The current owner has invested considerable effort and resources to improve the property that has also been consistently well-cared for over the years.
The property offers 418 square meters (~5,500 sq. ft.) of constructed living and outdoor terrace space on a plot of land 791 square meters (~8,515 sq. ft.) in size.
From the two-stall garage, walk up the well-proportioned garden stairway alongside the carefully tended terraced garden that features an assortment of cacti and mature trees, including fruiting banana palms. Between two terraces is a small solar-heated pool which is ideal for relaxing and gentle exercise.
Walking across the main terrace that wraps around the house, the front door opens out into a large and bright entranceway featuring a circular stairwell to the second floor, where the Master Bedroom, bathroom, lounge/studio, and working fireplace are situated.
On the first floor, leading off the main entranceway, is the home’s spacious lounge, also with a working fireplace, a wet bar, and just beyond there, a pleasant dining area adjacent to the kitchen.
The colonial style kitchen features a breakfast bar and a door leading out to the back garden and a separate utility room.
Outdoor terraces to enjoy the extraordinary local climate
The property has five attractive terrace spaces to help make the most of the remarkably temperate and agreeable year-round climate this region offers.
The largest of the four terraces features five pillars and wraps around the front edge of the main house, as well as providing covered access to two generously sized bedrooms with built-in wardrobes and storage, and which share a large full bathroom in between them.
The second terrace is a covered area leading directly off the Master Bedroom and that offers a spectacular sight across the surrounding mountainside as well as unbroken sunset views.
The third terrace is located directly off the poolside, providing a raised and beautifully fenced platform around the tended gardens; with its spectacular mountain views, it’s an ideal outdoor space for entertaining, or simply relaxing after a dip in the pool.
The fourth terraced space offers a covered area that’s ideal for outdoor entertaining or dining al fresco, and from there you step up and out into an adjacent open-air multi-purpose fifth terrace area which also features an outdoor BBQ and sink/wash facility.
Key features of the property:
- Three bedrooms; the Master Bedroom is upstairs, two bedrooms are on the first floor, leading off the attractive covered wrap-around terrace.
- Three-and-half bathrooms; one upstairs, one downstairs in between the two bedrooms, one in the utility room, and a half bathroom off the main entranceway.
- Colonial style kitchen with double sink, oven/hob, a large refrigerator, a breakfast bar, and with ample storage and cupboard space.
Outdoor terrace spaces
- Five outdoor terraces to enjoy the wonderful year-round climate that Tepoztlán offers.
- Three terraces are covered (including the wrap-around main terrace), and two are open-air.
- Two of the terraces offer spectacular mountain and countryside views of the local area.
Garage, gardens, and pool
- The property features a covered garage area that easily accommodates two large vehicles.
- Level grassed area adjacent to the garage, ideal for outdoor games and outdoor entertaining.
- Beautifully tended terraced gardens that are well stocked with cacti and mature trees, including fruit trees.
- A small solar-heated pool that is inexpensive to maintain, features an overhead fountain, and is ideal for cooling down on a hot afternoon, or to do gentle exercise.
The property is being offered for sale directly by the owner with an asking price of:
MXN 6.4 million Mexican pesos (or US dollar equivalent at date of closing).
Contact the owner for more information
This property is being offered for sale by the owner. Please contact the owner direct by completing the form below to receive an information pack that includes full details of the property and an image gallery.