There are lots of good, sensible reasons for moving to Mexico, but it takes consideration, research, and a plan to turn your lifestyle intentions into reality.
Our Mexico lifestyle consultant, Lucie Canuel, helps you explore options and identify key matters to consider, helping you to make informed choices and form a coherent plan for your intended lifestyle in Mexico. She’ll also help you to compile a shortlist of potential locations to live in Mexico and compose a written brief of the consultation for your reference.
About Lucie Canuel
Originally from Montreal in Canada, Lucie moved to Mexico when she was 18, earned a degree in Sociology from the University of Guadalajara, became fluent in Spanish, settled down to make Mexico her permanent home and became a naturalized Mexican.
She is now based in the small and magical town of Comala at the foot of a beautiful volcano in the state of Colima. Her key experience includes:
- Over 20 years living and working in Mexico, making the transition from student, temporary to permanent residency, and is now a naturalized Mexican citizen.
- Lucie has traveled and lived in many places in Mexico, and is familiar with many of the key expat communities across western, central, and southeast Mexico—as well as with places off-the-beaten-path
- For many years, Lucie has also been sharing her expertise with new foreign residents to help them adapt and understand their new surroundings and culture.
Lucie is also founder of Meshico Magical, sharing the beauty and culture of the states of Colima, Jalisco, and other magical parts of Mexico. Lucie applies her passion for, and deep knowledge about, Mexico to help potential foreign residents as well those living here to discover Mexico and consider their choices and opportunities for living, lifestyle, and leisure.
Mexico lifestyle consulting & planning
This lifestyle consultancy service has been carefully designed and structured to assist as you consider choices for living, working or retirement in Mexico.
The consultation is structured in a way that enables the consultant to discover important aspects about your situation, identify potential issues and the impact they might have on your decisions, and answer specific questions and cover any concerns you have regarding a move to Mexico:
- Help you to define your intentions
- Consider realistic and viable options, based on your life stage, lifestyle choices and expectations
- Determine if Mexico is a good fit for you, your partner, and family, as relevant
- Address any specific questions or concerns you have in regard to moving to live, work or retire in Mexico
- Help you to compile a shortlist of potential locations in Mexico that may suit your lifestyle needs and intentions
- Give helpful insights and advice based on the consultant’s practical knowledge and real-life experience of having moved to and lived/worked in Mexico
Post-consultation written brief
After the consultation, Lucie will also compose a personalized post-consultation briefing that summarizes the entire consultation and provides a planning document for you to make considered choices and progress to the next stages, as appropriate
How the lifestyle consultancy works
Lucie Canuel offers consultancy at US$99 per hour, with a 1-hour minimum, and time billed precisely as used after the first hour.
- Complete the service request form below, that includes a brief questionnaire so that Lucie will get an idea of your plans, pre-consult.
- We’ll send you an email to confirm the request, and Lucie will contact you direct.
- She’ll send you an information pack and a request for payment of the first hour of the consultancy.
- Your consultation will be scheduled, and any time over one hour will be billed to you at the end of the consultation.
- Typically, a full consultation is about 3 hours, including the composition of the post-consultation written brief.
- If you want an exploratory conversation to begin with, perhaps to discuss some particular matters and get answers to some key questions you may have, you don’t have to commit beyond the initial hour.
Make a service request
To hire Lucie, please complete the request form below.
Our lifestyle consulting associate will contact you personally to organize your consulting and assistance service.