There are lots of good, sensible reasons for moving to Mexico, but it takes consideration, research, and a plan to turn your lifestyle intentions into reality.
Mexico lifestyle consultant, Lucie Canuel, helps you to make informed choices and form a coherent plan for your intended lifestyle in Mexico.
Save time and gain valuable lifestyle insights
This lifestyle consultancy service is carefully structured to assist in your lifestyle deliberations and planning. The full consultation will:
- help you to consider choices and the groundwork needed to plan for living, working, or retirement in Mexico;
- save you valuable time by focusing on matters related to your specific circumstances;
- give you unique insights into the options and choices available for different lifestyles in Mexico based on your aims and intentions;
- help you to learn about the practicalities of moving and adapting to a new lifestyle and culture; and
- the consultation may also help you to avoid making material mistakes commonly made by those seeking a lifestyle abroad.
Free 15-minute discovery consultation
Lucie offers a free 15-minute consultation with you so that you can meet and get to know each other, briefly discuss your situation, and determine if the service and her experience is right for your needs.
During your free 15-minute discovery consultation you can:
- Meet Lucie and learn about her background and experience.
- Share a brief summary about your situation.
- Determine if this consulting service is right for your needs.
- Optionally schedule a date for a full consultation.
Full consultation and written brief
Detailed questions you want to ask and concerns you want to address will be discussed during the full consultation. The lifestyle consultation package is offered for a fixed fee of US$249 and you can book and pay for a full consultation directly with the consultant.
Benefits of a full consultation
The full consultation will identify important aspects about your situation, address potential issues, and answer specific questions or concerns you have regarding a move to Mexico.
During the full consultation, our associate will:
- Help you to identity your priorities and define your aims and intentions.
- Consider realistic and viable options, based on your life stage, lifestyle choices, and intentions.
- Help you to consider whether Mexico is a good fit for you alone, or with your partner and family as relevant.
- Address any specific questions or concerns you have about moving to Mexico to live, work, or retire.
- Help you to compile a shortlist of potential locations that may suit your lifestyle needs if you’re not yet sure about where in Mexico you want to live.
- Help you to consider the groundwork needed to plan the move and adapt to a new lifestyle abroad.
- Share helpful local knowledge and valuable advice based on practical real-life experience of having moved to, settled, and adapted to Mexico.
After the consultation, our associate will compose a written summary briefing and send this to you by email. The brief will summarize your consultation, and contain curated references based on your individual situation for further research and planning.
About your consultant, Lucie Canuel
Originally from Montreal in Canada, Lucie moved to Mexico when she was 18, earned a degree in Sociology from the University of Guadalajara, became fluent in Spanish, settled down to make Mexico her permanent home, and later became a naturalized Mexican.
Lucie Canuel – Summary
From: Originally from Montreal, Canada
Where in Mexico: Lucie lives and works in the picturesque town of Comala, near the city of Colima, with her partner and young daughter.
Languages: Speaks English, Spanish, and French fluently
Mexico experience: Has lived & worked in Mexico for over 20 years, has traveled Mexico extensively and has acquired Mexican citizenship.
Consulting experience: Lucie consults with single people, couples, and families with children to help them consider their choices about living and lifestyles in Mexico. She is especially familiar with Mexico’s western highlands and the Pacific coast, Mexico’s principal expat communities, and knows interesting places ‘off the beaten path’ to live in Mexico.
Lucie lives and works in the small and magical town of Comala at the foot of a beautiful volcano in the state of Colima. Her key experience includes:
- Over 20 years living and working in Mexico, making the transition from student, temporary to permanent residency, and is now a naturalized Mexican citizen.
- Lucie has traveled and lived in many places in Mexico, and is familiar with many of the key expat communities across western, central, and southeast Mexico—as well as with places off-the-beaten-path
- For many years, Lucie has also been sharing her expertise with new foreign residents to help them adapt and understand their new surroundings and culture.
Lucie is also founder of Meshico Magical, a tour service to help share the beauty and culture of the states of Colima, Jalisco, and other magical parts of Mexico. Lucie applies her passion for, and deep knowledge about, Mexico to help potential foreign residents as well those living here to discover Mexico and consider their choices and opportunities for living, lifestyle, and leisure.
Fixed fee lifestyle consultation
The lifestyle consultation package is offered for a fixed fee of US$249.
The full consultation call typically lasts for about an hour, and the package includes a post-consultation written summary brief for your review and further reference.
- The consultation begins with an in-depth conversation by telephone or video conference that typically lasts about an hour.
- After the consultation, Lucie will compose a written summary briefing and send this to you by email.
- The brief will summarize your consultation, and contain curated references based on your individual situation for further research and planning.
- Optional follow-up consultations may be booked directly with Lucie, billed on an hourly basis.
Lucie Canuel offers a free 15-minute discovery consultation with you by telephone or video conference so that you can meet and get to know each other, briefly discuss your situation, and determine if the service and her experience is right for your needs.
If you decide to hire Lucie and proceed with a full consultation, Lucie will send you a payment request for a fixed-fee lifestyle consultation package.
Additional consultation time
If you would like a follow-up consultation after purchasing the fixed fee package, Lucie also offers consultancy on an hourly basis at US$99 per hour (one hour minimum). Any time over one hour is billed precisely as used.
Make a service request
To make a service request, please complete the request form below.
Our lifestyle consulting associate will contact you personally to organize your consultation.