Mexico’s Copper Canyon offers you one of the most breath-taking travel experiences in Mexico: a dramatic and outstanding train journey that traverses an area of immense natural beauty situated in north-western Mexico, coupled with an option to stop and explore inside the canyons.
How to get to Copper Canyon using air travel
The train line has two termini: on the west side at Los Mochis, on Mexico’s Pacific Coast; and on the east side at Chihuahua City.
- The majority of visitors to the Copper Canyon fly to Los Mochis, and begin the train ride there, or at El Fuerte.
- Some travelers begin their journey in Chihuahua City
- Our travel associate also offers custom tours starting from Mazatlán.
How to get to Los Mochis, Mazatlán, and Chihuahua
If you have arranged an organized tour of the Copper Canyon, your tour operator will be at the airport to greet you and provide immediate transport to your local accommodations before your train journey begins.
Clicking on the links below will open the FlightConnections website that shows you flight routes to and from each location.
- You can take flights to/from Los Mochis from various Mexican cities
- Flights to/from Mazatlán are available from various Mexican cities as well as several international destinations (some international flights might be seasonal)
- You can get flights to/from Chihuahua City from various Mexican cities as well as some international destinations.
Make your Copper Canyon experience something special
We work with long-established travel experts who know the Canyon intimately and will arrange an inspiring Copper Canyon experience for you. Contact us and we’ll help you make the most of your time visiting Mexico’s Copper Canyon.