A property purchase in Mexico often represents a substantial investment an individual or family will make. Once you’ve found the property to acquire and agreed upon terms and conditions with the seller, a specific set of legal procedures must follow in order to make the transaction legal and secure for the parties involved.
Assistance when you buy and sell real estate in Mexico
Buying property is a complex process and buying property in a country you are not so familiar with adds additional complexity to the transaction.
The Settlement Company® has been assisting foreign buyers for over three decades, and their real estate consulting services will help you through the transaction of your purchase, backed by a team of experts who are experienced in the transfer of property in Mexico and specifically organized to help foreigners make secure property transactions.
You can hire The Settlement Company® to oversee your interests on an impartial basis directly or instruct them to work alongside your Real Estate agent.
The benefits of using a real estate consulting service include:
- Overcoming language issues
- Ensuring professionalism and integrity in your transaction
- Dealing effectively with geographic distances between the Buyer and Seller
- Protecting your investment by obtaining the right services and avoiding common pitfalls
- Avoiding unnecessary litigation or problems caused through improper procedures
- Will work directly with you, or alongside your real estate agent
Consultations and practical support
The consulting service is formed around your needs and includes practical support throughout the purchase procedures that may include help with some or all of the following:
- Full service neutral depository and escrow service
- Permits for bank trusts (fideicomisos) and Mexican companies
- Trusts: assignments of rights, existing trusts, and creation of new trusts
- Permits and studies, real estate developments
- Due diligence across all aspects of real property transactions
- Receipt and disbursement of buyer/seller-lender/borrower funds
- Full trust accounting
- Consultations regarding legal and fiscal aspects of real property acquisitions
- International legal counsel on real estate matters
- Rental tax calculations and payments (if you plan to rent your property)
- Fiscal planning for optimum return on real estate investments
Assistance formed around your individual needs
The Settlement Company® has over 30 years of experience helping foreign residents with their real estate transactions in Mexico. They provide a customized consulting experience to suit the needs of each situation. The service offers advice from experienced professionals in the field and provides practical support throughout the buying process.
Mexico in your inbox
Our free newsletter about Mexico brings you a monthly round-up of recently published stories and opportunities, as well as gems from our archives.